IMEKO News & Events
NEWS from the 63rd General Council and related boards meetings in November 2020 (as web meeting)
The General Council has made a number of decisions. Some of them are listed below.
The two Technical Committees 6 and 11 will revive with new scopes and new aims and objectives:
- TC6 will deal with all measurement issues related to Digitalization.
- TC11 will cover aspects of Testing, Inspection and Certification. The distinction between TC10 and the new TC11 is still examined.
IMEKO investigates new formats for events like online or hybrid events in addition to pure face-to-face events.
The organizers of the next World Congress in Yokohama, the Science Council of Japan, informed the GC that the congress will not take place on-site. Details will be published on the website of the Congress at https://imeko2021.org/ still in 2020.
The third 2020 issue of Acta IMEKO is published
The 23rd Symposium on Measurement of Electrical Quantities offered a chance to present the newest ideas and results of research to scientists in the field from all the world. The symposium was held in September 2019 in the amazing historical town Xi’an, China. ... As it was mentioned in the previous issue of Acta IMEKO (vol.9, no. 2), the members of the IMEKO TC4 board identified nineteen the most valuable papers and their authors were invited to write extended and updated version of their papers to be submitted for refereeing. By the end some seventeen papers were accepted. The first seven papers were published in the previous issue of Acta IMEKO and from the rest nine were being chosen for this issue.
(Adapted summary from the editorial by Ján Šaliga, Slovakia)
Two additional papers deal with
- Precision agriculture (PA), which offers the opportunity for farmers to improve both efficiency in managing resources and optimisation of process inputs, thus increasing their whole farm’s profitability and
- the development of reference materials (RMs) as part of a vision to establish metrological traceability and to support the RM needs of chemical testing laboratories in the Philippines.
(Adapted summary from the editorial by Dušan Agrež, Slovenia)
Our Summer 2020 newsletter is available
Please read the latest news and get the newest dates and information in our newsletter.
IMEKO events and the Corona virus
Dear friends of IMEKO, dear colleagues,
The spread of the corona virus and the measures taken in different countries forced the organizers of some of the events either to cancel the event or to postpone it. Please check the latest information on our Coming events page.
World Metrology Day (WMD) 2020
The theme for the World Metrology Day (WMD) 2020 - as always on 20 May - is in this year: Measurements for global trade. From the website of the WMD: "This theme was chosen to create awareness of the important role measurement plays in facilitating fair global trade, ensuring products meet standards and regulations, and satisfying customer quality expectations." Read more on www.worldmetrologyday.org.
NEWS from the General Council and related boards meetings in September 2019 in Berlin
We welcome back SWEDEN in the IMEKO community. The Swedish member organisation is RISE, the Research Institutes of Sweden.
Some other important decisions:
- the XXIV IMEKO World Congress 2024 will take place in Hamburg, GERMANY
- some TC officers (Chairpersons, Vice Chairpersons, Scientific Secretaries) have changed in the following TCs: TC3, TC4, TC5, TC8, TC9, TC16, TC20, TC22.
- for young scientists attending IMEKO World Congresses: the funding of the György Striker Junior Paper Award will be continued by IMEKO.
Save the date for the XXIIIrd IMEKO World Congress in Yokohama in 2021
Preliminary information can be found on the web site of the IMEKO XXIII World Congress 2021.
EUROLAB has published cookbooks on the new ISO/IEC 17025
What are cookbooks? From EUROLAB's website: "EUROLAB cookbooks are short documents on quality issues to help laboratories comply with ISO/IEC 17025." Please visit the EUROLAB website and read or download these documents.