TC11 - Measurement in Testing, Inspection and Certification - Aims
The Technical Committee 11 of IMEKO (IMEKO TC11) was reoriented by the decision of the IMEKO Technical Board (TB) and approval of the IMEKO General Council (GC) in November 2020 to have a focus in Measurement in Testing, Inspection and Certification.
The aim of TC11 is to develop measurement science, by creating knowledge networks to exchange scientific and technical information among experts and organizations on international level and to promote the best practices applied in industry, environmental protection, healthcare, safety and quality of life.
The TC11 provides a forum for the organization of international scientific and technical events like congresses, conferences, seminars, workshops, training courses and meetings in order to share the latest achievements, knowledge, experiences, thoughts, views and ideas in the following fields of interest:
- Management systems and Quality in the TIC sector (Testing, Inspection & Certification).
- Regulatory framework for quality, safety and security of products and services
(agri-food; environment; health; cybersecurity; communication; construction; IoT; AI; among others).
- Accreditation of conformity assessment bodies.
- Innovation and validation of methods in testing, calibration, inspection and certification.
- Sampling activities related with measurement in the TIC Sector.
- Metrological traceability, measurement uncertainty and conformity assessment in TIC Sector.
- Proficiency testing schemes, inter-laboratory, intra-laboratory comparisons and other methods of quality assurance.
- Certification of reference materials and its use in laboratories.
- Certification of products, processes, management systems and persons.
- Management of information using LIMS concept.
- Development of standardization in the TIC sector.
- Promotion of the co-operation with other international associations and with IMEKO TC’s.