The XXI IMEKO World Congress 2015 in Prague is over
Please visit the conference web site for photos.
We welcome our new members in the IMEKO family:
- JAMAICA: University of West Indies, Kingston
- UGANDA: Uganda National Bureau of Standards UNBS, Kampala
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA: National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg
2015 is the UNESCO International Year of Light and Light-based technologies (IYL 2015).
IMEKO is promoting international exchange of scientific and technical information relating to developments in measuring techniques, including photonics and light technology.
Our Summer 2015 newsletter is availabe
Please find the newest dates and information in our newsletter.
A new issue of Acta IMEKO is published: Vol. 4, No. 2, June 2015
This second issue in 2015 of ACTA IMEKO is particularly rich in content. It contains 14 papers related to the 3 IMEKO events:
- IMEKO TC14 - ISMQC - 11th International Symposium on Measurement and Quality Control, Cracow and Kielce, POLAND, September 11-13, 2013,
- Joint IMEKO International TC3, TC5 and TC22 Conferences, Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA, February 3 - 5, 2014,
- 13th IMEKO TC10 Workshop on Technical Diagnostics Advanced measurement tools in technical diagnostics for systems' reliability and safety, Warsaw, POLAND, June 26 - 27, 2014.
Moreover, it also contains the very first two papers that were submitted directly to ACTA IMEKO without being presented in a prior IMEKO event. The publication of these two papers testifies a major change in the policy of this journal. While it originally started as one of the two journals of IMEKO, publishing invited and extended versions of papers presented at IMEKO conferences and workshops it now also considers papers describing results and advancements in the state-of-the-art of measurement science as a whole, freely submitted by their authors. The Editors believe that this a major advancement in how this journal serves the community of its readers and contributors. At the same time this is an open invitation to all prospective authors to consider this journal as one journal among which to choose when selecting the publication destination of their researches. This journal is and remains an open access journal serving the large community of researchers in metrology.
The fulls papers are available for free from the website of Acta IMEKO. Enjoy reading.