IMEKO is a non-governmental federation of 42 Member Organizations individually concerned with the advancement of measurement technology. Its fundamental objectives are the promotion of
- international interchange of scientific and technical information
- in the field of measurement and instrumentation and
- the enhancement of international co-operation among scientists and engineers from research and industry.
Founded in 1958, the Confederation has consultative status with UNESCO and UNIDO and is one of the five Sister Federations within FIACC: Five International Associations Co-ordinating Committee, further consisting of
- IFAC- International Federation of Automatic Control,
- IFIP - International Federation for Information Processing,
- IFORS - International Federation of Operational Research Societies and
- IMACS - International Association for Mathematics and Computers in Simulation.
The Member Organizations provide the financial means required for the operation of the Secretariat. The Treasurer supervises financial activities. All Officers serve on a honorary (unpaid) basis.
Our secretariat is located in Budapest/HUNGARY. The street address is:
Dalszínház utca 10, 1st floor, Office room No.3
H-1061 Budapest (6th district)
Our Secretary, Mrs. Judit Faragó, is available via
Phone/Fax: +36 1 353 1562
Just two clicks away is our online Contact form.