Prof. Pasquale Daponte
- TC4 Past Chairperson
University of Sannio
Department of Engineering
Benevento 82100 ITALY
- +39 0824 305817
- +39 0824 305840
- +39 346 080 31 98
Main fields of interest
- ADC, DAC, signal processing
PASQUALE DAPONTE was born in Minori (SA), Italy, on March 7, 1957. He obtained his bachelor's degree and master's degree "cum laude" in Electrical Engineering in 1981 from the University of Naples, Italy. He is a Full Professor of Electronic Measurements at the University of Sannio - Benevento.
He is the Immediate Past Chair of the Italian Association on Electrical and Electronic Measurements and Past President of IMEKO.
He is a member of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technical Committee N°10 Subcommittee of the Waveform Measurements and Analysis Committee, IMEKO Technical Committee TC-4 "Measurements of Electrical Quantities", Editorial Board of Measurement Journal, Acta IMEKO and of Sensors. He is Associate Editor of IET Science Measurement & Technology Journal. He is a member of the Board of Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA) Naples Charter.
He has organised some national or international meetings in Electronic Measurements and European co-operation. He was General Chairman of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technical Conference for 2006, Technical Programme Co-Chair for I2MTC 2015.
He was a co-founder of the IEEE Symposium on Measurement for Medical Applications MeMeA, and now, he is the Chair of the MeMeA Steering Committee, memea2018.ieee-ims.org
He is the co-founder of the;
- IEEE Workshop on Metrology for AeroSpace, www.metroaerospace.org
- IEEE Workshop on Metrology for Industry 4.0 and IoT, www.metroind40iot.org
- IEEE Workshop on Metrology for Agriculture and Forestry, www.metroagrifor.org
- IMEKO Workshop on Metrology for Archaeology and Cultural Heritage, www.metroarcheo.com
- IMEKO Workshop on Metrology for Geotechnics, www.metrogeotechnics.org
- IEEE Workshop on Metrology for the Sea, www.metrosea.org.
- IEEE Workshop on Metrology for Automotive, https://www.metroautomotive.org.
He is involved in some European projects.
He has published more than 300 scientific papers in journals and at national and international conferences on the following subjects: Measurements and Drones, ADC and DAC Modelling and Testing, Digital Signal Processing, Distributed Measurement Systems.
- in 1987 the Italian Society of Ophthalmology's award for researches on the digital signal processing of the ultrasounds in echo-ophthalmology,
- in 2009 the IEEE Fellowship,
- in 2009 the Laurea Honoris Causa in Electrical Engineering from Technical University "Gheorghe Asachi" of Iasi (Romania),
- the "The Ludwik Finkelstein Medal 2014" from the Institute of Measurement and Control of United Kingdom,
- in May 2018 the "Career Excellence Award" from the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Society "For a lifelong career and outstanding leadership in research and education on instrumentation and measurement, and a passionate and continuous service, international in scope, to the profession.",
- in September 2018 the IMEKO Distinguished Service Award.
- in 2020 AESS Outstanding Organizational Leadership Award "For contributions to metrology for aerospace applications".